• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Tyee Bilge Pump

luckydave

I have a 1998 Lund 1850 Grand Tyee with two livewells at stern. The bilge pump burned out. I had it in for service (not a Lund dealer) and they told me there is no room to get two hands in there to remove old bilge pump which is riveted to a stringer. Has anyone run into this situation before?

Thanks. confused.gif

Tell them to leave old one there and install a new one next to it and run hoses from that.

It sounds very odd to they cannot do it. After all Lund doesn't buy a bilge pump and build boat around it ... wink.gif

Are you trying to get it under warranty ? This explains everything.... grin.gif

Can you tell what brand or style pump it is, and can you find the same at a Gander or boat store? A lot of them have brackets on the bottom - the bracket is mounted to the boat, the pump itself just pops in and out of the bracket. Makes them very easy to replace if this is the type you have.

Also, is the pump really burned out, or is there something jamming the impeller. Sometimes you can free the impeller, replace the fuse, and be good to go.

Good luck.

Quote:

the bracket is mounted to the boat, the pump itself just pops in and out of the bracket.

Usually to remove them you twist the pump clockwise or counter clockwise and the pump will pop out. I agree with Valv - seems pretty odd that they "can't" get it out... sounds like they don't want to get it out...

marine_man

Dave I changed out all four of my pumps this spring. It was not fun to do but I did it and it works fine. All pumps were purchased at the local fleet store. Live well pumps were an obsolete model so I put in the new updated models. Took a little fussing but all works as it did before. You just have to take stuff apart like the battery box and the oil tank and the tray they mount to to gain access.

Lucky: I'd get a new service shop. I've never seen a pump that couldn't be replaced. Sure, a few were difficult, but thats what people pay for. That repair shop sounds like some real whiners. tongue.giftongue.gif