• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marriage Proposal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that would be a great way as well, but many cant make the events, due to work or what ever... Why wouldn't a forum be ok?...After all this is our forum, the members of this forum, we make this forum be what it is, so why wouldn't the owners want to do what the forum members ask for? I mean if there a number of people, i am sure 1 or 2 people wouldn't be enough to do this?

Lisa i seen you got your room... good deal cause i called around in ely there isn't a whole lot left, and the closer it gets to jan that weekend the cost goes up too... glad to see your coming..It's going to be fun..

Any other ladies coming too?

I can totally relate to wanting to find someone with simuliar interests to spend time with. That is what all the forums here on Fishing Minnesota are for really. Whether your intentions are just to find a fishing or hunting buddy or if more romantic intentions the existing forums serve as a way for people to get to know each other. No speed trolling the forums please. wink.gif

That being said I really don't think that Fishing Minnesota wants to get into the dating business. Just too many potential liabilities there. I hope to see many of you at one of the FM events. Unfortunately I will not be able to make the bash again this year as my wife and I will be fishiing the Extravaganza in Brainerd that weekend which has been a long standing tradition for us.

Take Care and Good Luck!

I just wanted to share my experience...A couple of years ago on Upper Red over Valentine's weekend, my husband and I had rented a shack from Mort's. Friday night we reeled in our limits of Crappies so that was enough excitement for both of us, so I guess my husband decided to wait to propose. Saturday morning when I woke up, my rod was set up in the holder and it looked like I had a fish on my line. I asked my husband what was going on, and he turned around and looked at my line in false surprise and said, "It looks like you have a fish on". I began to reel my line up and noticed that is seemed fairly heavy with no movement. I got my line up and noticed my lead depth finder on the end. I asked what my depth finder was doing on it, and he said "is that all that's on it?" I looked a little closer and noticed a small ring. He was behind me, and when I asked what this was all about (I had no clue), he said "Maybe this ring would be a little better." When I turned around, he had an engagement ring and asked me to marry him, as he was standing there still in his boxers. It was great, as I love fishing as much as he does. I couldn't have wanted it any other way.

I posted these pictures before but figured it was a good time to post it again in the spirit of this thread.

I proposed last February while ice fishing. We met as freshman in college and our first date was ice fishing on lake near D.L. Wayne.jpg

I proposed 4 winters later.

IMG_0204.jpg

Yay gonefishin11!!!! You are such a great lookin' couple! I really like the ring you picked. Is the little picture your 1st date? When's the wedding? Was this kinda scary for you since you're posting almost ON HALLOWEEN? wink.gifjust kidding...and I'll stop 3rd degree-ing you!

Lisa