• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smooth ride please.

FishingDVM

Which ATV has the best suspension for riding accross rough terrain? I currently have a 2004 Honda Rancher that is a great runner but seemes to be a little rough when used for checking fields (farmuse). Is there a suspension kit for them or would I be better off trading for another brand and/or model? Any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

I can't comment on other makes and models, but I can comment on the smooth performance and excellant ride my 700 Sportsman offers! wink.gif It seems to handle the rough stuff with incredible ease. When I'm done riding, my "lower-back" always remains intack! Hope this helps...

I ride a KingQuad 700 whichs has a great "sporty" suspension, but it is not as smooth as the newer Sportsman's. My vote goes for the Sportsman, but I have not tried a Can-Am yet, but I have been on the rest of the "big-bores".

Sportsman's are going to have the smoothest ride with Can Am being a close 2nd. If the majority of your riding is in plowed fields, I would probably recommend the Can Am. Can Am's suspension pivot in front of the rear tires so when you hit a bump/rut the suspension compresses but the tires keep tracking in a straight line. When Sportsmans' suspension compresses it kicks the tire out to the side causing the rear end to stutter left or right.

If you've read any of my earlier posts I've been a die hard Polaris man my whole life but I just purchased a Can Am in April. wink.gif

Any of the independant suspensions would be a step up. That is where the 4 wheel independants shine. I really like the Yamahas, Suzuki King Quads the best. However there is know way you could argue for a Polaris Sportsman here this is their bread and butter. They are known for their ride. Hondas are hard working machines but are way behind the pack when it comes to ride. If Ride is what you are after I would look at the three I mentioned.

I wouldn't rule out the Honda Rincon. It definitely rivals any of the other IRS machines and is by no means behind the pack. I've had a SP500 and now own a Rincon. If a smooth ride is what I was looking for, I would take the Honda any day.