• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some from the back yard (pics included)

Steve Foss

Got done fishing and home by 4 p.m., but the wind was again disgusting, so the Canon 100mm macro stayed in the bag (AGAIN!). The light was nice in the yard, however, so I spent a bit of time stalking the little birds.

All with the Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, handheld, iso200, f8, Av, one-shot focus mode

Male goldfinch in Hopa crabapple

1/250, spot metered

best-back.jpg

Male white-throated sparrow skulking in the brush

1/160, spot metered

hidden.jpg

Male hummingbird looking to land

1/200, center-weighted metering

flight.jpg

Yellow warbler on lilacs

1/1000, center-weighted metering

warbler-lilacs.jpg

Great shots Steve but my only complaint is that I have the same equipment just not the talent grin.gif All I can say is that I have too keep shooting and learning. sooner or later I will think of the rule of thirds when I am looking thru the viewfinder confused.gif

Thanks, everybody.

Dan, I've got some macro shots of morels, columbine and ladyslippers on the photo sharing board.

Jim, it's not always necessary to think in the rule of thirds while composing, though it helps. Often, the rule can be applied in the crop. grin.gif