• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blooming flowers

Nice Carl!......certainly love those greens and colors after a long winter!...the flowers look to be in the anemone/hepatica family(closely related)...with all the sunshine this last week,the forest floor should be blooming with all sorts of different flowering species....will certainly be out this weekend to get some images...

thanks for the comments guys!

My new lens is awesome. Nikon 50mm f/1.8D. High quality lens for only around $115. The f/1.8 delivers great bokeh and DOF.

It goes well with my Nikon 18-200mm VR lens.

Hey Steve,

I have a camera question for ya? I would like to get my wife who I think you might know, she's the Art Director of a popular mag. in the Lakes Area a new digital camera. I think she has a D10 now???? Does that sound right? Any ways she does allot of portrait, outdoor (not long distance), and some weddings. What is the latest and greatest to get her? I think I have read from some of your guys's post that there is a D40 or something like that and what kind of costs are we looking at something like this?

Too would this be better if I emailed you directly??

thanks,

mr smile.gif

If you are looking for a Nikon you would choose probably the D80 which is what I have or the D40x/D50. If you are looking for Cannon I will defer to him to answer that.

Meat Run:

Nikon or Canon, both make excellent cameras.

Please find out more about what our wife has. I don't know about a D10 of any brand, so find out specifically what she has. If it's a Nikon, she'll probably want to stay with that. If Canon, same deal. Mostly, when a veteran shooter picks a brand they stay with it because it's too expensive to switch lens brands.

I don't know which mag you're referring to as far as where your wife works, or which "lakes region" it might be in. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like, and we can talk more.