• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Report

I'm headed out to fish Devils Lake this coming Thursday, Friday, Saturday, May 3-5. A buddy and I will be primarily after pike and walleye. Has anyone been out recently, and if so, any report or info that you can share is much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim,

See Jeff D's report. I fished there on Sat and we worked really hard to catch a dozen walleyes and about three dozen northerns. The walleyes we caught were nice- 17 to 20.5 inches. We found fish shallow- 1-4 feet deep. Didn't have a bite outside of five FOW.

Good luck!

Thanks Scoot,

I saw Jeff's report earlier. Sounds like things are picking up slowly but surely.

I haven't been to devils in several years, but I always used to do well this time of year on #5 shad raps, jigs and twister tails, or slip bobber/leech combo, and all shallow like you are talking about.

Will be looking for shallow bays with the warmest water, and the areas near it.

Seems like the last time I was out there, I had difficulty getting good bait out there. Do you know, am I able to bring leeches and minnows (rainbows or suckers) from Minnesota?

Thanks for your report.

Same answer from me- no on the minnows, not sure on leeches. I can tell you this- we bought bait at Petes. Minnows were fine, but the leeches were spendy and were incredibly tiny. Not trying to start a bashing thread on any baitshop, just wanted to give you a heads up on what I got there this past weekend. 'Course, that might have been no matter where I went too.

Ed's bait shop always has some good stuff. They are just south of town on ND 20 about 1 mile. They have decent minneows.

No minneows other than fatheads. Dumb rule but a rule none the less.