• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Honda

Buck12

The Hondamatic transmission utilizes variable hydraulic pressure and mechanical torque amplification to provide seamless job-handling power and excellent acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch motor-side swash plate, hydraulic capacity and pressure are varied, producing continuously variable output speed. In addition, torque is increased as output-shaft speed is reduced.

Dash-mounted knob switches to one of three electronic shifting programs: D1 for maximum performance, D2 for maximum torque, and ESP®, Honda`s exclusive Electric Shift Program. D1 and D2 modes provide continuously variable transmission output; ESP allows the rider to 'shift' the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using two push-buttons mounted on the left handlebar.

The Hondamatic is extremely efficient, with operating efficiencies ranging from 75-81 percent in full-reduction mode and from 87-92 percent when input and output speeds are the same (1:1 ratio).

The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and replace.

The Hondamatic features true engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.

Versatile rider controls provide a shift lever to select Drive, Low, Neutral and Reverse.

The Hondamatic uses multi-filtered (one large-capacity filter and three strainers) engine oil as hydraulic fluid, simplifying maintenance and ensuring an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.

The D1 and D2 selections are the fully automatic shift patterns that are programmed into the machine.

D1-Maximum Performance - emphasizes higher engine horsepower output for riding performance,

D2-Maximum Torque.

The ESP (Electronic Shift Program) is used when YOU want to manually shift the transmission using the push button.

Buck great atv I've had one since new it is a 2001 with 1900 miles on it the only thing I know that you should watch out for is tha if you are pulling heavy loads use esp or d1 useing d2 can take your clutch out I learned the hard way D2 is just to high of gear for the power it has .I love mine other than it rides alittle rough .