• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Myrtleville.......

Geez,there are lots of these myrtle warblers around! Supposedly,there are some black & whites around too,couldn't find them today,just these buggers. Oh well,they are better to look at than house sparrows! grin.gif

Canon 30D 70-300 ISO 160

F8 @500

IMG_1768.jpg

F8 @400

IMG_1773.jpg

Thanks. I am having trouble when i convert and save my images from raw to another format. i am losing alot of sharpness,and having to regain it in photoshop. The raw images themselves look awesome and need no sharpening. I will probably have to call Canon and see if i'm doing something wrong when i save them.

Quote:

MM, why are you converting to a different format between RAW and saving in Photoshop? Doesn't your version of Photoshop read the camera RAW file?

Yah, I had a buddy get me CS2 since CS1 won't support the 30d RAW plug-in (that you download from Adobe's site).

The best way I've found to convert a RAW image not supported by a Photoshop program is to download Adobe's DNG converter and convert/copy the images with that. It turns them into Adobe's version of a RAW file (called DNG for digital negative), which is lossless and is supported by older versions of Photoshop. Adobe claims it will support DNG in perpetuity.

I've used DNG and it's great.

i got it figured out while talking to a Canon rep. I didn't know that viewing an image on certain non-photo related programs [like windows picture viewer] will make it look alot worse.

Steve,i have CS2 on 1 puter,but the pc that i use the most has the bare bones elements 2.0. I have been really impressed with Canon's DPP 3.0 anyone else tried it? seems very user friendly for a cyber challenged person such as myself. The above photos were oversharpened, but when i viewed them in another program,they looked right. It was my mistake,but i am still learning. I had no idea that a photo can look good in one program,and soft as heck in another! confused.gif

MM, as for sharpening for the Web, I think what works is what looks best after you've done all you can do and posted it.

I always immediately check how the images look on the forums after I've posted them (sometimes they're a bit different on the forums than in my pp programs) and alter them if I need to.