• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 bank on board chargers-the good.bad and ugly?

dakotakid31

Dual Pro by far is most proven. I have a 3 bank 10/10/10 and love it! Otherwise I have heard good things about a few of the others Guest, MinnKota, Promariner. Any of these are good chargers. However Dual Pro would be my recomondations. I love mine and their service is second to none!

I had a 2 bank Cabalas charger that lasted a little over 2 years before it shorted out. The cabelas charger has the finned alumium cover with plastic caps on the ends like other chargers made by the same company. After the charger shorted I pulled it apart and found water got between the alum. and the epoxy and corroded everything. The charger was in the battery compartment never got submerged or anything and the boat is stored inside. Just a POS charger.

I bought a Guest 10/10/10 in 2001 and it has been great no problems. I use the boat heavily. I leave it plugged in all winter to maintain the batteries and I have had no problems exept the time it accidentally got unplugged and the batteries froze but that was my fault.

I would buy one again.

I am having a three bank installed. It is a Guest and is a 5/5/5 amp. I normally charge my deep cycles with a 10 amp charger and am concerned maybe the 5/5/5 will take a lot longer to charge things up. Should I be stepping up to a 30 amp?

I would definitly go to a 30 amp if you can afford it. Definitly stick with Guest or Dual Pro chargers they are by far the best from what I have experienced. Both companies make a great charger and have great customer service.

Ihave had a Cabelas ProSport 2 bank charger in my walleye boat for about 5yrs now and have had great luck with mine.I mounted in a side storage area and it still gets soaked on occasion,but still works. there is a 2yr warranty on them and have a simple hook up. Give em a try.