• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attn Harvey L - pendulum ?

Cooter

Hey bud, which pendulum sight did you get and have you shot with it yet? Also, what is the sight in process like with pendulums? Can you get them dialed in for hunting out of a tree and then lock them down and have them sighted for say 20 yards on the ground - and do they hold that ground level impact well going between pend and locked? Thanks, I'm looking at the truglo pendulum right now online, wondering if the shops have the new sights in yet.

Anyone else with some pendulum experience please post! Later.

Oops, one more question...do you need fairly level terrain for them to work? I mean, if you are hunting a steep hillside are they still accurate if a deer is downhill or uphill from you?

I use to have a Savage and used it for two years and was very happy with it. Then, I thought I had to have the latest,greatest new sight and sold the pendulum. Now, five years later I'm going back to another pendulum as I never smacked deer so well for those two years.

I sight it in at 20 yards on the ground and then tree or ground hunt. It really doesnt matter if your 15-25 feet in the air as it adjusts for you.

The one I just bought is a Savage model 91535 featherweight camo, fiberglo. I have not used it yet as the bow is at Cabin Fever getting a new arrow rest installed.

If you have any more questions in regards to those pendulum's, fire away.

I keep leaning more and more towards a pendulum. I love the simplicity of a single pin and no ranging worries up in a tree. For the ground one pin is fine by me as well, I've hunted in the past with one pin and have never had more than three. My current sight has 3 pins but I removed one and only use 2.

One question, with a pendulum once you find out your max effective range with a bows speed and all can you aim high on long shots? Say you know you're good out to 30yrds and you have a 40 yards shot can you compensate or are you SOL? Thanks, later.

I would think you would need to buy a pendulum with a lock for the moveable sight and then it would be like any other one. Raise to what you think for a 10 yard longer shot. I rarely hunt from the ground and if I do I'm always setting up for a 20 yard shot.

Without a lock on the sight it would move when you raise or lower it. That might also work the way they are designed. I have never researched that end of it. If I get some time tonight, I will look at and read different makes and see what they state about ground shooting.

No. I still have not picked up my bow from the shop when I had them put a new aroow rest on it. I'm hoping I will get it next week.

They called while I was gone and I was waiting for them to call me and say it was done. Time now to go pick it up.

I will have it checked out in the next two weeks, very busy with many things. I have used a sight like this before and was very happy with it. I love these sights for tree stand hunting.

I just got home from racing all of last week and will be fishing next week. Its a tough life my friend as I cannot seem to get it all done.