• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another kicker ?

zachp

I decided to purchase a boat this weekend...2002 lund angler ss 1700 with a 115 yamaha. I am planning on putting a kicker on it in the near future, what i cannot decide is whether to install a remote or the tiller? I have been pricing the motors(T8 yammy) and it looks like they're around $2300 brand new rigged up with either tiller or remote, but does not include installation of remote...how much does it cost for installation of the remote? The guy i'm buying it from said i wouldn't even need a kicker, he said he just tilts the motor up and can get it to run down to about 1.5 mph, but I think i'd be much happier with a kicker anyways, especially on the windier days.

For live bait trolling I would deffinitly get the T8 if in your budget. I have a 2005 1700 explorer which is the boat with just a few things different inside. F115 is Great. But If I had the extra money I would no doubt put a T* on as well. Okay for cranks but for live bait way too fast! It comes down to personal preferece on the kicker. I think I would go Tiller if you did a lot of live bait trolling. But with that said. You may like to use your console. I think I was quoted about $500 to have it rigged. They would have to put another throttle on it plus linkage for it. Good Luck go for the T8 if you have the money!

I have a T8 in right now being installed on my crestliner. I went with the remote with power tilt. I troll a lot of stick baits. When its nasty weather id rather be at the wheel behind the windshield and under the cover if need be.

The components were pretty expensive for it though. Control box, cables, tie bar and brackets for the kicker added up to about 500.00 Not including installation. And I bought most of the stuff online at the lowest prices.

Should have it back in a couple days!