• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just curious to know whether any of the lakes are open and ready to go. Have a reservation for this up coming weekend. Some places are saying that the boat ramps will be put out on Waubay this week. Any truth to that?

Thanks

I was fishing the grade in grenville saturday and there was still alot of ice. The ice was pulled away from the shore and was going fast.I think it should be gone by this weekend but I would call and check.I'll be out there with my boat friday so i hope it's gone.

Thanks, sounds like we will be OK, especially if the rain goes through the area. It sure has been a different spring. We wanted to go a little later this year, hoping to fish some crappies too, but it sounds like it still might be a little cool for them. Oh well we'll just have to catch walleyes instead, what a problem!

I got an update from a guide out there on Tuesday. He said that Antelope and Pickerel are open. Enemy Swin and South Buffalo had opened that day. I'm going to give him a buzz today. I let you know what he says.

Thanks,

Al

I'm getting pretty excited to get out there. It is shaping up to be a good time to be out. We hit it right a few years back and C&R some nice fish. That was a lot earlier than this, but each spring is different. I suppose the slimers are still biting from shore too. I wish we had 10 days out there to fish all the lakes, but a guy has to work too. Good luck to you guys heading out this weekend, we'll fight the wind the way it sounds, but what's new.

Here is the current news. Most of the lakes do not have their ramps out as of today. Waubay still has ice. They had 25 mph winds yesterday and 30 mph winds today. Surfs Up! We are going next weekend. There is talk of 80 degrees next week. Bye Bye ice! If you have a little boat you can probably get out. The lakes I mentioned in a previous posts are still open. Should be good to get out on but again, no docks.

If you get out, give a report.

Al

I met my uncle and one of his buddies up there today, we thought the lakes would be mostly open, boy we were wrong. From what we could see on the east end of Bitter it was open out about 1/4 to 1/2 mile then it was ice as far as we could see. Didn't feel like messing with the wind so we cast of shore for a while with no luck, saw a few northerns right nest to shore but they didn't want anything to do with our jigs and minnows. We decided to go try to find somewhere out of the wind and went to Enemy Swim, we cast off shore for a half hour or so, caught 2 bass and a giant carp, got sick of the wind and headed home. From a distance looked like Waubay had alot of ice yet, didn't get close to it, just what we saw from the road to Enemy. I would estimate the winds today at 30-40 sustained with gusts to 50.

Thanks for all the replies. We're heading out anyways, hopefully the lakes open up by tomorrow. I guess the little lakes are always a possibility. With the wind like it is, the lakes should go pretty fast. We could always resort to pike fishing from shore if we had to.

We were on waubay fri through tues. Fri 3 fish for 12 guys, sun each boat had no problems catching limits, and by tues it was pretty easy to catch fish. Water was 39-43 degrees. Stay out of the muck on the bottom and you'll catch more fish. This weekend it should be on!