• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can-Am

killerloop1

Just came back from a weekend ride in northern MN. Put on 97 miles in 2 days. The mud was there, and it was deep, and it was FUN! We had several Polaris sportsmans(500 and 600), a King Quad 700, a Yami Rhino 660, Grizzly 660, Yami kodiak 400, and a old Honda 300. All of the polaris and the king quad over heated due to crud plugging up the fans. The Rhino 660 did amazingly well, especially having 2 guys each about 200 lbs. riding in it. The Honda 300 went through almost as much as all the others.

Hey has anyone seen the Can-Am infomercial? I guess there is a an 800 # and a code at the end that I need to extend my warranty to 42 months. I thought this was talked about on here but can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or right down the # if they see the infomercial.

Thanks!

***Edited 4/24/2007 11:47 am***

Nevermind, I just found it!!

Killer, thanks but I found if you go to the Can Am HSOforum you can watch it there and get the 42 month certificate. It's a pretty sweet deal, now my warranty is 7 times longer than if I had bought the Polaris!! You can't beat that!

I went up to the Spring Fling on Friday. I got up there about 6:45 pm and at 8:45 pm I was on a backboard and being loaded into the ambulance! crazy.gif When I got up there we still had about 20 minutes before supper was ready so a couple of us jumped on the wheelers to take a little cruise. About 800 yrds from the cabin is a 30 foot creek that we had to cross. Two Sportsmans went first and then me... The ruts were deep at the top of the bank and I bottomed out. Rocking it back and forth to get her loose and the front wheels grab and back over on me it comes, pinning me under it in the creek. Luckily, I had stood up when I felt it coming over, trying to push the front end back down and my head was clear of the front fenders and rack when it landed on me. It was upside down for probably 3 minutes before we were able to winch it over and out of the creek and it ran the whole time!! I ended up getting a couple of nice size gashes in my head that required 9 stitches, sprained finger, bit off a the tip of my tongue, banged up leg, and sore chest and back but not a scratch on the wheeler except for a little bend in the handle bar!! I took it pretty easy on Saturday, so unfortunately wasn't able to see how it compared to the Brute, Prairie, Grizzly, and Sportsmans. Still pretty proud of my machine though!! grin.gif

Ouch!! Sorry to hear of you mishap. Im glad its not worse than it was. Just a good reminder that these things are very dangerous. My brother rolled his rincon, over forward, on top of himself, 2 weeks ago. He was very sore, smashed his leg good, its all black and blue, but no broken bones. Sounds like both of you were lucky. Although it may not seem like it.

Glad to hear you didn't get to seriously injured. I was wondering if it was the Visco lock that caused this to happen as I've seen how jerky of a system that the Can-Am's have for locking in both front wheels.

Thanks, we laughed about it the next day and they gave me the nickname "Stitch" but it could have easily ended up alot worse. I'm just happy I didn't ding up the new wheeler!!