• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Probably been asked before....

nine-tiner

At this stage in the game it would be pointless to try to organize a map for sale. The State, Counties, and Feds are constantly changing the trails, their designation and when they are open and when they are not. In a few years it will be great, but the current maps for my area produced by the State show more trails "under review" than open.

I do know that a few trails in the Chippewa National Forest "pop-up" on the Lakemasters Chip for my H2O. I have not "cross-referenced" them all with my paper map to know which ones are open and which are note.

They are labled "Forest Route 2234" just like the signs you will find on the trails.

It is a great chip...just can't keep up with the Red-Tape

Sede,

do you ride in the chip? i used to ride the area between longville and hackensac, and then some east of longville. LOVED it up there, real nice mix of small 2 track trails and forest roads. nice mix of terrain etc could really get some miles in a day and not feel like you spent the day on the soo line.

BUT my understanding was that most everything in the chip was closed. has that changed? i'd love to be able to go back to that area again.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/chippewa/recreation/atv_trails/

Here is a link......the link has links to maps and rules. Yes....much of the Chip is closed or some trails that are open are not connected. The unique thing about a National Forest is land ownership. Just because you are in the Chippewa National Forest, that does not mean you are on Federal Land. The state and several counties, Leech Lake Tribe and the US Gvmnt. and private land owners all have land in the Chip.

It is really just a big mess. Look at the maps and make your own determination. Then go for a ride and hope for the best. Odds are the CO or Ranger won't know any more than you....assuming you do your homework.

I've seen them for Garmin GPS at a sport show, but they didn't have them for lowrance. Sure would come in handy though, I've gone long enough to loose my bread cumbs and waypoints before. Probibly because it ran out of space to save the old ones.

I would say, yes. The battery saver mode is activated only if your traveling conditions (speed, heading) are constant. The battery saver mode reduces the amount the receiver "looks" for ignals, thus saving battery power. Battery saver mode being activated is highly unlikely when traveling an ATV travel due to the varying speed and heading conditions when you are traveling.

I would think reducing the number of bread crumbs recorded would give you a not as detailed track history but, it would save memory to save a longer trail history.