• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 69

hanson

Any thoughts on the Sanchez vs. Koscheck matchup?

GSP & Serra should be good as well but I can't imagine Serra winning.

Also UFC Fight Night Live is on tonight with the debut of Ultimate Fighter 5! Looks like I have some quality couch time ahead of me.

OK Chris, but I just don't know about "quality".

I kind of root more for the "scientific" guy, Sanchez than the burly guy, Koschek (sp?). That goes way back to my days of watching All-Star Wrestling when Eduardo Carpentier - the "Flying Frenchman" - used his many "holds" to win his bouts. Of course, who can forget Verne Gagne and his famous "sleeper" hold? Somehow I don't think that would work on either Sanchez or Koschek.

Should be a good one and I just hope it goes to the judges.

I think Sanchez will win this one by submission. St. Pierre will beat Serra. But who will win tonights Melvin Guillard vs Joe Stevens? By the way I want Koschek to win, although I do not care for either fighter.

Well, lets see? I can't predict the American Idol very well, maybe my guessing will be a little better with the UFC?

St. Pierre is going to eat Serras lunch! St. Pierre is an excellent puncher and has alot longer arms then Serra. He is also an excellent wrestler and all around MMA fighter. I don't think it will go the distance.

I believe Sanchez is gonna be on Koschek like a duck on a June bug! He has been so intense in all the fights I've seen him in, I would be surprised if he gave less then a stellar performance. This one won't go the distance either.

Guillard is gonna put Stevens to sleep in the first round, either that, or referee stoppage.

There you have it and you can take that to the bank! grin.gif

I ought to get at least one of them right?

Uncle...UNCLE!!! Stevenson choked Melvin G. out in mere seconds! Exactly opposite of how I called it! blush.gif

I think I'll stick to pickin nightcrawlers and leave the UFC perdictions to someone else! confused.gif

Melvin has always been extra cocky! That's one of the reasons he lost his first fight on the Tuf show. He is a heck of an athlete, and he goes into a fight wide open, which can be good and bad. You could see how calm and focused Joe was and it got him the easy win. Melvin will be back, he just needs to settle down and think before he erupts too much. On another note, I just got through watching the Tuf season 5 show and it is going to be the best show by far! I can't wait to see Nick Diaz's younger brother Nate get in the ring to show his stuff! Let's hope his older brother shared some knowledge of fighting.

Hey everyone. This is my first posting here at the forums and I didn't expect it to be about fighting! For me, MMA comes right after fishing. As much as I like Matt Serra, I really don't give him too much of a chance against GPS...unless he's able to close, get a takedown, and work some magic. Serra is a jiu jitsu wizard, but GPS is such a cut above in nearly all other aspects. Serra is a tough cookie so I wouldn't be suprised to see this go to the 3rd or 4th, or possibly even to decision....but I don't see GSP handing off the belt tonight.

Kos as really improved dramatically from his earlier fights of "hold em down for 15 minutes". I give him decent odds against Sanchez...but I think Diego will take him out, or win a unanimous decision.

All in all, this is a great card and I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favorite up-and-comers. Swick, Grove, Kos, Sanchez, and I always enjoy watching GSP...such a dynamic fighter and only 25 years old!

This should be a good one!

GSP should have his way with Serra. He is a phenomenal fighter in every aspect of the game. Very fun to watch.

The Sanchez-Koschek fight makes me nervous in that I really like Sanchez and enjoy his style. It is a tough fight for him although I do expect him to win by submission. Sanchez has fought many top fighters and won in fights against Karo, Diesel and Koschek the first time. Koscheck has done well but he has faced lesser competition than that of Sanchez. Sanchez wins with a triangle choke in the third.

Quick Swick should make short work of this no namer from Japan. I have liked Swick to a point since he days on TUF but he is due to get cooled off here pretty quick. Maybe he will get a shot at Silva and get knocked down a peg after a Quarry-type defeat. Or Franklin for that matter. He is a good fighter and has looked good in each of his fights but definately a step down from those two guys. Lutter could handle him in my opinion. Either way, I'll get off the soap box concerning Swick.

One fight that I am really intrigued by, which won't make the PPV, is Josh Haynes against Luke Cummo. Josh has dropped a ton of weight. I don't know why but I'm awfully interested. Anywho.

Imes versus Herring will be a yawner. Hopefully that doesn't make the air.

Lastly, the Spratt versus Davis fight may be the fight of the night, behind Sanchez-Koschek. Those two match up well in styles and could have a slugfest. Marcus looked much more well-rounded in his last fight.....a convincing win against Shoney Carter.

Enjoy the card guys!

I just got the results of last nights matches off the UFC site. Wow, who would have ever thunk it?

I guess that in the MMA world, on any given night, it can be anybody's fight. St. Pierre, Sanchez, Swick, they all should have won their matches? Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Matt Serra is the new champion with a first round TKO of St. Pierre.

Koschek wins a unanimous decision over Sanchez.Boring fight from what I read.

Luke Cummo won his fight by referee stoppage.

Swick lost to Yoshi Okami by decision.

Pete Spratt lost to Davis by submission.

Kendall Grove won in the second round by submission.

Heath herring beat Brad Imes in a decision.(boring)

Pete Sell lost to Thales Leites in a decision.