• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

honda rancher brake problems

jtm

Have an 03 rancher and hydraulic brake always needs to be readjusted. every long ride or if I go in the mud. I have 6000 miles on it and have had trouble with brakes last 2000 miles. any easy remidy for this? any help would be apreciated.

I assume that by hydraulic brake you mean the front ones? The rears are cable operated. One or both of the front brake drum seals has probably become worn and allowed water or mud into the drum. I'd suggest pulling both drums, clean and inspect the shoes, drums and seals then clean and regrease the seals or repace them if necessary. 6000 is a lot of miles without doing any brake work, so it would be a good idea to check them all out anyway. I have about the same amount of miles on my Foreman but I pull the drums once a year and clean and regrease the seals and I still have great working brakes and all original parts.