• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner SF 1850/Yamaha F115 Prop

tgff009

Anybody out there running an 1850 Sportfish with a F115? I'm looking for your experience with SS props on this set-up. I have an email out to Soderbloom's but I'm hoping somebody in this forum has first had experience.

Thanks

I have the same set up as you and went from an aluminum prop to a ss. My aluminum was 13 x 19 and the stainless is 13 x 17. I don't see much difference except I can trim it up a little higher and it won't slip on turns. To put it plain and simple my boat is under powered and changing props didn't help much. I bought my rig in 2002 and they didn't make the 150 yammy 4stroke then and I wanted the yammy bad. I am not unhappy as it sips gas and is very reliable. The bottom line is that going to a $300+ prop isn't going to help much. I wouldn't do it again.

Thanks for the feedback. I bought mine in '02 and went with the F115 for the same reasons you did. I just pulled the trigger on a once-run Turbo 13 1/4 x 17p at a really good price. I'll let you know how it works out.