• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gun Club Lake

It borders the Minnesota River across from Snelling Lake. I've caught carp there in the past but it seems to get pretty weed choked in the warmer months. I was hoping someone could point me to a map there isnt one on the DNR site

I've been down on GunClub when the water levels are low and the Carp are just fluttering everywhere. I have caught 30lb+ Carp out of there in 2-3 ft depth water! About 5yrs ago me and my bro hand caught a 40lb in 2ft water. No fishing pole & hook bait needed, no kidding. It was funny and fun. We moved the Carp back into the deeper water.

You will get a mix bag of Monster Carp, Monster Sheephead, Monster Dogfish.

carp-fisher, fisherman-andy, would it be possible for one of you to email exact location info/directions to this one? it sounds like a good place to bring the my older daughter on visitation nights for some larger fish - gpbakken at gmail dot you-know-what

CP&R only btw

thanks~

Grant

Guys this lake is below 494 bridge next to MN river between Eagan & Bloomington. Parking is done on Hwy 13 below the bridge near Brown college.

You'll have to walk half a mile or more to access the lake. It has difficult access at only 2 entries.

heres one from Gun Club last april. While I was there a came upon a couple of guys casting in the channel. They left the area pretty quikly as I was fishing I seen some splashing near shore I walked over and discovered a stringer with 3 small Largemouths so I called Tip but never seen an officer come. So I cut the stringer before leaving and let them go misc.jpg

Carp King good for U! Gun Club can be shady sometimes and I recommend using the buddy system at all times down there. If your a fishing loner then at least go during only daylight afternoon hours.

There are also some shady characters not picking up after themselves leaving garbage and trash down there so next time if you feel enviromental friendly bring trash bag and pick up some trash to help keep the area clean.

5-2-07 The Carp were noisy and everywhere on the lake!

My attempts to clean up has not turn out so good. Looks like more garbage has turned up all over the place left by people who can't seem to pick up after themselves.

Hey Grant,

Do a map quest search of that area. I would put in "hwy 55 or 494" search. After doing this and getting to a map, you can hit aerial veiw up in right hand corner of map and zoom in. You can see access area and map out a plan of attack.

perhaps some simple leg hold traps would keep the litterers at bay. cool.gif

I was at the french river yesterday and there is quite a bit of dump everywhere. I personaly picked up cans, 400 yards of mono, and a broken net, which actualy has a story behind it.

2 nights ago some people were trying to net the rainbows that come into the hatchery and got chased away by a CO. Im not sure if the net was broken by the CO or a fish.