• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Arrivals (pic )

jonny_redhorse

Thanks for sharing them, Jonny. I've got spring fever big time! grin.gif

I was headed over toward Sax-Zim this morning but the light totally died and the forecast was for snow in the afternoon. Now I've spent a morning at the computer getting image ready to mail to clients, and I see the NEW AND IMPROVED forecast not calling for snow until tonight, and then 3-5 inches. Guess I just should've kept shooting, eh?

All we've got over here so far is goldeneyes, as well as an eagle pair already rehabbing last year's nest.

thanks all!.really wasn't any kind of "special" photo for sure!.just cranked down the window and "snap"..cropped it a "tat" and bingo. grin.gif....Steve,I was thinking of going down to the sax -zim bog this morning but with the melt going on ,the back roads(admiral road(my favorite) would be a muddy rutty mess) along with the mcdivvet and stickney and owl road(not owl avenue)..some mixed with red iron ore...anyway....Im looking forward to the sharptail to be doing the "dance thing' upcoming...I have yet to spot even one in that area but certainly are in the area no doubt..I have a map from Mike Andersons(famous birder I guess) site that shows his favorite sharptail areas...if you're interested I could post it or send it to you...just go to his site and scroll down to "

sax-zim bog"

Johnny last spring there was a sharp-tail between Hwy 37 and the airport fence that runs along the highway. It was there almost daily for a few weeks. It wasn't exactly street smart, walked out onto the highway in front of cars more then once so may have eventaully got nailed by a vehicle. You never know though there could be a few more around that area too. I have seen them on Berg road too right past the airport.