• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holy Cow Canoe Company

Does anyone have any experience with a canoe from Holy Cow Canoe Company out of Ontario? Or has anyone heard anything about them? I'm looking into getting one of their kevlar canoes, the sportsman. Thanks for any help.

Secondly I see that people asking questions about which kayak to get aren't getting much for responses, but I'm looking at getting a kayak for fishing the river as well as duck hunting. I did a search for previous posts and found people recommending the Old Town Predator. Any chance anyone has anything to add?? Thanks again.

I think fishermen out east are ahead of the midwesterners with kayak fishing. There's a smallmouth web site where kayaking appears to be very much in vogue amongst the eastern river rats.

Quote:

I think fishermen out east are ahead of the midwesterners with kayak fishing.

That may be because many anglers find a canoe to be a superior fishing vessel. It is perhaps apples-to-oranges, but I find a canoe to be superior for angling, and definitely more versatile. Keep in mind that I am talking proper ratios here, i.e., one person canoe per single angler, vs. one person kayak per single angler, etc.