• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Metro ATV Trails?

hoggs222

Hello,

I'm pretty much new to riding around the N. Metro. Are there any trails within 30 miles of the Andover, Blaine area? Is there any place that I can buy a detailed map on where I can & can't ride?

Can you legally ride the ditches on 65 (ditches, not shoulder!)

Also, what are the guidelines on riding on snowmobile trails?

Thanks,

Hoggs

hoggs,

I suggest looking at the DNR regs and contacting the North Metro Riders (find contact info on ATVAM HSOforum). NRM is an ATV club based in Coon Rapids. I went to the start up meetings for this club, was interested but, with kids sports and such, don't have the time to join, yet. Looked like a nice group of people to ride with and I'm sure they would know what's up with riding in the north metro.

I believe you can ride ditches on highway 65 north of 242 or so.

Quote:

I believe you can ride ditches on highway 65 north of 242 or so.

Just don't forget about the "Agricultural zone restriction" dates which say "you may not drive an ATV within the right-of-way (ditch) of a state or county road from April 1 to August 1 in the agricultural zone. This does not apply to Class 1 ATVs licensed and used for agricultural purposes. Class 2 ATVs cannot be operated in ditches".