• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elk hunting in Wyoming

Scoot

Any experts out there to answer a few dozen questions about bowhunting elk in Wyoming? I'll be hunting about an hour South of Casper and I have a bunch of questions about the hunt. The most important question is... when should I go? I'll be gone for about ten days and I want to time the trip as best as I can to increase my odds of taking a bull. Any input would be appreciated.

Hi Scoot- I can help you out with a 1/2 dozen or so answers. I have also just received my WY Elk license and do the archery season out there. I and friends have been chasing those rascally elk for about 20 years, off and on.

There about 501 mistakes you can make bow hunting elk, I personally, am on about my 4th lap through them all. wink.gif

A 10 day trip is about minimum to do well at finding them and getting into them. Of course more is better, but go and a stay as long as you can.

Send me an email and I will be glad to "chat" with you there. [email protected]

Dan