• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripcord vs. QAD Ultra Rest LD

I have been doing much pondering and I've come to the conclusion that the part of my setup that needs the most updating is my arrow rest.

My brother loves his Ripcord, and I agree that it is very nice. Like their HSOforum says, its like a "Biscuit with gravy," meaning that it has all the benefits of a Whisker Bisquit without the loud noise and slowing down your arrow. When I did some looking on this forum I found a Ripcord thread and some of the guys mentioned QAD, so I looked them up.

QAD is basically the same as the Ripcord, but you can let your draw back down slowly and the rest stays up. Also, it comes with camo moleskin.

Has anyone actually compared these two?? If you have either rest, do you like yours and would you recomend it? I figured it might be six with one and half a dozen with the other, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for any responses or info.

I just got into archery this year. I was persuaded to go the way of the ripcord by the fine folks at Cabin Fever. I absolutely love it. It is smooth and quiet. I just put moleskin on the prongs to take care of any added noise. Again, I am a very green rookie in the archery world so consider that when pondering my opinion, but I love the ripcord.

-Cupper

I was the one that started the QAD LD thread a while back. I have one on my XT and LOVE IT. Yes, the QAD and Ripcord are pretty much the same. The two benefits the QAD LD have over the Ripcord are the ability to do a slow let down at full draw AND the prongs lock down after the shot to avoid any fletching contact issues. That being said, I have never shot with a Ripcord so I cant really comment on it. I think you would be happy with either rest. Good luck

Cliffy

Thanks for the info! I didn't really understand what it meant by "lock down" before, but now I do. The QAD is probably the one I will go with. They are both about the same price on hsolist, and a few extra features never hurt.

Just like Cupper, I am REALLY green to archery, so that is why I am asking for everyone's opinions. Keep 'em comin' if you have them!

I shoot a Ripcord and have had no problems or complaints. I do have a friend that had it freeze in the "up" position a couple of times while hunting in the late season. Unfortunately, it cost him a deer. It's never happened to me, but I'm also aware of it.