• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smithville Lake Walleye

Anyone ever fish Smithville Lake just north of K.C. for walleye? I have heard that they come up right along the dam sometime in the spring. They say there are 10 pounders taken every year along the dam. I am boatless here in Missouri and was thinking this might be a nice little walleye fix before MN opener.

I used to be the Schwans man in Smithville, my family and I would always drive up for the fireworks. I personally have never fished it, but have heard of nice walleyes in it, but I am from Minnesota, so someones idea of a nice walleye and mine are probably different.

I have fished SMithville quite a bit for Walleye. They are fairly easy to find in the early spring and in the early mornings in the summer, but mid-day I have not been able to follow them and pattern them in deeper water. THe water temps on the lake make it quite tough to kind them in my opinion. I now fish lakes on the Kansas side a lot more frequently and have much better luck. If you want I can post up some specific spots and what not about the lake where we usually find them. They are tough though after May and June.