• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Helmet and Fog

HarryG

I just took a ride on my sled. Probably the longest ride in several years. I fogged up right away, as usual. I do have a heated face mask but when it is so wet, it does not always do the trick. I have several air vents that open and close. Why would I want them close? Warmth? Is there a combination that works better in different situations? I have two below the mask, two above the mask, one in front of my mouth and one on my forehead. Why would they ever be closed?

I have a Polaris modular helmet with no problems but aside of buying a new helmet you can try a neoprene breath deflector. On my other helmet I had the same problem till I got the neoprene breath deflector and never a trouble after. This way you can carry on your sled. And on days when your heated shield don't work you can put it on. Just my thoughts anyway.

When Riding the trails, I don't have a lot of problems. I just crack the face mask and it seems to go away. But usually, I use it when fishing and I am sometimes a little warm, and that seems to lead to the fog. The heated mask helps, but from what you are all telling me, I think I will have to go with the modular helmet. I never heard of them. If I upgrade, I will go that route.

Thanks to all

I just went out and purchased the "no-fog" mask to see if it works for me. My helmet is the open helmet and then I where glasses with googles. This past weekend was to warm and even hard to keep the googles from fogging up. So I'm giving this a try because my buddy has one and it works for him and he has glasses too. Cost is $35.95 here at dealership in town and hard to find item other than a dealer.

Anybody have one and use it? Does it work for you?

mr

There is something else you could try. Its called ZOOKE anti fog wax. I use it on my glasses and face sheild on my helmet.It works real well and lasts for along time. I got mine at the bike show in the cities but you can get in contact with them at www.zooke.com. Hope this helps you out.