• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi all. I am thinking of booking a vacation in the Cable area (Telemark resort) and was wondering how the fishing was in early June. I have never been there but it looks like there are a few good lakes in the area. If anyone has any info they would like to share, please do so. Thanks

I am a walleye chaser but I also like to catch some panfish with my son. I am trying to talk my wife into going there this year. I have to book a trip soon or I loose the week and one of my options is at Telemark Resort. The other option was by Lake Geneva. After doing a little research, I wouldnt mind hooking up with a musky on Lake Namakagon. I dont have the equipment for that though. Looks like there is plenty of fishing options either way. The dates we will be there is June 2nd - 9th.

Rip, not my main neck of da nortwoods but Namakagon should be fine for panfish, walleyes, and muskies. Also, I've heard about Diamond lake having some dandy walleyes, they have a slot where no fish 20-28" can be kept. Owen is very pretty, clear water with a smallmouth rep. I'm sure JKH will eventually get wind of your post and he's one of the guys for that area.

Fishing in the first part of June is usually a hoot on the inland waters...

One lake I would concentrait on is Namekagon.. You can fish for about any species.. Panfish and walleyes will be going well that time of year along with pike... Musky fishing will be fair...

Lots of little lakes in the area as well to look to... The Clam lakes are nice and fun.. Especially for musky fishing.. Included in the musky game you could look at Day, Mineral, and a host of other smaller lakes. But they also hold smaller muskie... But all hold walleyes and panfish opportunities as well..

In that area, you have so many lakes to choose from that are very close in driving distance.. From Hayward lakes to lakes right near Telemark... Do a little digging in lake maps and research material and you should be set...

Good luck..