• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I’ll be in Chamberlain this weekend, Feb 16-18. I’m bringing the walleye gear and I’ll be on the ice Sat and Sunday morning. Is there anything happening in the Chamberlain / Ft Thompson area? If anybody is interesting in meeting up, shoot me an email.

The report I got today, was: 20-40 guys in the basin. Not much happening. My reporter said he never had a bite,(mid afternoon to well after dark) and didnt see anyone around him catching anything. He said he never seen a flag go up.

What did you find Tyler?

Just returned fishing was decent around the dam. If you were not vertical you weren't catching fish. Lots of Pro's buzzing around the lake for tourney, talked with Gary Roach on the water so that made my day! People who were not fishing around the dam were not catching fish for the most part. Lots of guys trolling the rip-rap with raps ...mixed results. Every fish we caught was a 15-17 inch male. Major cold front today so we left if the cold continues it could get tough!!

It got cold enough and windy enough that they cancelled Day 1 of the PWT this morning.

I was heading out tomorrow night, to fish Friday on Sharpe and watch the final weigh in, but the weather report is making me think I'll reschedule to next week.

R

4 adults and 3 kids. We are going no matter what the weather. tongue.gif One of the group has fished out there for the last couple of years. We will prob. opt for shore fishing thursday. Looks like the wind will be 5-10. Cant be any worse than pool 4 in the middle of Dec. Any advice for dealing with the big temp. change??? Will give report saturday nite/ sunday when we return. Right now our plan is to start out shore fishing with crappie jigs. Other than that we will have the boats and work north of chamberlain for starters.

Dan

Hey guys, thanks for the posts and fishing updates. I am heading out there middle of next week. Sounds like the weather really is not going to warm up much according to the extended forcast. I am interested in seeing how the PWT goes this week, and where they find the best fishing. Sounds like the up by the dam has been the best so far, has anyone heard reports from the Crow Creek area? How about Kiowwa Flats? Or the White River area south of Chamberlain? Anyways, best of luck fishing to you guys!