• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Trains Labs In MY Area??

MILLER TIME

I have a 9 month old black lab. Looking for someone to help me with training or if you know of anyone in the marshall area that does training for obedience and collar conditioning. He's got a great instinct for hunting just need to brush up on the other skills.Any help would be great

i would also recomend thad. my lab came from blondie's litter. he definitely knows his stuff. she's me first dog by myself and the ability and obedience has been awesome. he's been answering any questtion that i've had for him. he's very passionate too. anyone else see him on berrata's bird hunter's journal(not sure on sp) the HSOforum is the kennel name.

Aw shucks M.Time, you can do that stuff yourself. Unless you have a time problem. Remember, nine months is still young. Maybe you are expecting too much, if you have not worked with the dog a lot. Got a book? Got a video? Get one, a book preferably. Go slow. Go gentle and I'll bet you will be surprised at how good a trainer YOU are! Trust me my friend, you CAN do it. But it you just don't have TIME, thats another thing.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I recieved an email from thad, nice guy an all but am going to try to do some more myself and see how far i can get with him and hopefully be able to do it myself. If all else fails I'll have to try a trainer.

Good man!! Read, study and then go slow. Sometimes your dog is gonna help you; watch him, see how he wants to do something HIS way. Then incorporate what YOU want him to do into that move. See what I mean? And when you SHOW him what you WANT....make it clear and then do it the same every time.

Some patience and YOU will be your dogs best trainer. Give us a report in three months. wink.gif