• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shanty Pulls Hard..Electrical Conduit Sled ??

Vexilar24

I have a HT Polar Escape Magnum 2 man Shanty and when there is snow on the lakes it pulls like a tank ..LOL

I have seen that some guys have made a shanty sled made out of electrical conduit for runners and a base also made out of electrical conduit on top for it to sit on and it makes your shanty pull like a dream GLIDES ACROSS THE SNOW ...PULLS WITH 2 FINGERS !!! anyone have have any pictures of one , I would like to make one for my shanty

Thanks

Vexilar24

huntingislife

Are the conduit clamps on the sled just screwed into the plastic or did you put something inside the sled to screw them into? Also why the hose clamps on the bottom?

That was actually in my apartment that I shared with my roommate. All of my ice fishing stuff got piled into the living room and kitchen. Sometimes I put the minnows in the bathroom. Ah memories, gotta love apartment life.

The conduit clamps are actually just bolted through the plastic. Just real small bolts with a washer on the inside. The hose clamps kept the bottom straight. I jammed dowel rods inside the conduit to join them together. It is 2 elbows and a straight piece. the clamps cover the "seam". The elbows and the straight piece did not line up flush and the conduit would dig into the ice. So the clamps made the conduit flush.