• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bobbers, Sinkers, Slips, Swivels, Hooks...What are your Go-To's???

hoggs222

So what do you HAVE to HAVE in your arsenal? Bobbers, sizes of hooks, sizes of jigs, brands, etc...I am looking to overhaul my tackle box and probably fill up a brand new box with some goodies! I primarily fish for walleye. I also fish for muskie and panfish.

For muskies: Definitely a long nose hook-out (I use baker hookouts), a mouth spreader (both get attatched to the boat via camping rope or curly shoe strings) A good mini compound bolt cutter (Knipex brand really good)

Along in the arsenal are extra treble hooks, good heavy duty split rings and a good stainless split ring pliers.

Steve

I guess it depends on what you mean by "have to have". I really would like a fish lipper/scale like a Boga grip. But I don't want to spend the big bucks for a Boga. Are the Berkley models any good? I want one with a scale that goes up to 30 pounds.

Thanks.

Questor, I'm not too sure on the Berkley scale. As far as Have to Have, let's call it, do I need it, probably not, can I get a good deal on it, yes! Where do I start? Say... I'm a new fisherman, starting from scratch. What "Terminal Tackle" ie, (Keep in mind sizes, different types, colors) hooks, jigs, swivels, etc. would "You" suggest? After knowing what you use on a regular basis now?