• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bud Shootout

LMITOUT

Oops, my bad, I didn't clarify enough.

I was kind of considering the Buicks, Olds & Chevys all in the same camp, Dodge & Plymouth, etc. etc.....

I can't think of anybody who did the GM Ford Chrysler thing.

DD

Quote:

Toyota is guaranteed at least two drivers in the race due to provisionals/owner's points or something. Jarrett and I think Blaney are locked in for sure.

Didn't they change the past championship rules this year to a limit of 4? Jarrett will make the 500 but once he is out of the top 35 he could miss alot of races.

I don't know if I would want to fisnish first in the shootout. History is not on your side.

Year Driver 500 finish

2006 Denny Hamlin 30th

2005 Jimmie Johnson Fifth

2004 Dale Jarrett 10th

2003 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 36th

2002 Tony Stewart 43rd

2001 Tony Stewart 36th

2000 Dale Jarrett First

Quote:

Quote:

Toyota is guaranteed at least two drivers in the race due to provisionals/owner's points or something. Jarrett and I think Blaney are locked in for sure.

Didn't they change the past championship rules this year to a limit of 4? Jarrett will make the 500 but once he is out of the top 35 he could miss alot of races.

All we're talking about here is the 500. Not 5 races out......

One other thing to remember, even if Jarret uses four straight provisionals to start the year, making all four of those races goes a long way toward getting him into the top 35 by a good margin. There probably won't be more than 36 cars that run all four of those first races as many teams as there are fighting for those few open spots... All he needs to do those races is keep running and stay out of trouble and he'll almost for sure be in the top 35 when the new points start counting...

I have to agree with you on that. I do believe that Smoke has #3's manual in the glove box!! grin.gif That to me is talent, I also have to give Kyle a thumbs up for hanging on (not a fan of his by any means). I don't if there is many drivers out there that would be able to pull off the bump and run as Smoke did without completely spinning the other guy out. Some call it aggressive driving I call it RACING!! cool.gif