• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

700 Arctic Cat

DRH1175

Has anyone seen or rode this quad? I have been looking to buy a KingQuad but after looking at the Arctic Cat I am not sure anymore. It has the same Suzuki engine with many more features not found on the suzuki and a cheaper price. The thing that really gets me with the Arctic cat is the assesories that clip all over the rack and the 2" reciever hitch. All this for about $1500 less than a Polaris.

My uncle has one and it has very good power. It seemed to have more power than the 700 Sportsman that I tried out that day. The ride was a little stiffer than my Polaris but the shock could be turned down a little to make it softer. It started good in the cold and looks to be a great machine and thats coming from a Polaris guy.

I bought a 650 H1 this past September and love it so far. Lot's of power and quiet for such a large displacement single cylinder. I imagine the 700 is just as good especially with the EFI. As far as the ride goes I think it's great. Mud protection is pretty good too. I haven't decided which if the rack accessories I want to add yet, but there are a ton to choose from. The other thing that sold me was Arctic Cat was the only machine that held up all the way through the WPSA quadracing season. Guys riding on Cats used the same machines while guys riding other brands went through a few different machines. These things are tough.

I have never been a fan of them. However it is because I just didn't know much about them, I thought they didn't have good engines according to what I have heard others say etc... After giving them a hard look last night I walked away wondering why I didn't give them much thought. They use the kingquad engine in the 700 so you know it will be reliable. And they did look quite tough. I am not sure if I need 10" of travel in the shocks however it would be there if ever needed.

Guys, I have seen one and rode one, "OH" and happen to have a "07" 700EFI, I have no complaints so far I have about 450 miles on mine and it works great!!! As for the speedrack system, It has to be the best thing since sliced bread, I have everything in the picture plus I just got there new windshield that attach's and detach's in seconds, I also got the winch with it and also bought a very nice bag for the back of it!!! grin.gif So in my opinion I would buy one, if not make sure you check one out before you go and buy another brand!!! Power wise it seems to have more than enough to pull and push anything you would like, it starts great in the cold weather and the EFI is definitely worth the extra cash!!!

IMGP0700.jpg

IMGP0693.jpg

Perchjr

Cheaper than a Kingquad eh? They were more expensive last time I knew of? My brother in law has one and I had to take my King over there as he was kinda bragging it up, and I could not take it! I drove the Cat and thought that the steering is alot harder, and the Arctic Cats are like driving a small truck, as their body is so big and they sit up so high.For work it would be an excellent quad, but for leisure, sport, or trail riding, you would be very tired by the end of the day.Excellent ground clearance,rack space, and a 2" receiver hitch are some of the goods that the Cat has over the King.The cat is also quite a bit heavier than the King also. Quit saying that polaris word also as you are already looking at the right quads already! wink.gif You might change your mind when you ride the new Yamaha Grizzly 700 with the power steering feature. Although I think the new Grizz is a little pricey.You will see similarities between the Grizz and the King. The Cat and the King also have a back-up recoil starter, but make sure you know what your doing when you need to pull that rope, as the result can put a hurting on ya! shocked.gif

I talked to the dealer in Cambridge, and was told that the Arctic Cat would be around $500 more than the King. He also mentioned something about a $300 rebate deal right now on the King also? He threw out a price of $6500 for the Suzuki, if that sounds like the price you are getting from your dealer?

Im confused at what the problem is with polaris. I own One And have never had one single problem With It. (1993 trailboss 4x4) My Father in law Also owns 2 polaris quads. They have been to hell and back many times and he's never had one problem. When I go ice fishing on Mille lacs I always do a survey. Polaris buy far is the #1 quad by at least 20 to 1. I am in the market for a new quad Im going to buy the suzuki 450 to see if there as good as they say I dont think i will be disapointed.

$6500 700 and $5800 For the 450 KQ. I guess I was off the ac700 best price I have found so far is $6800 at Gander Mountain. With the 5% back on the card is the only way the AC comes in cheaper. However Not too excited about buying a quad from Gander. I much rather buy from a good smaller dealer like from Larsons in Cambridge. I did some checking on Yammaha since I really like that 700fi and they are again the cheapest around by a few hundred bucks. However Hitching Post is very competitive. It will between those two when I buy since they both carry all three. If I go 450 it will be suzuki if I go 700 it may end up being the Yammy

Larson's in Camb. was where I was at today, as they have been good to me in the past.I would not want to buy one from Gander either.Larson's is very good on their prices, and I have bought 2 different wheelers from them in the past. They should meet or beat anyones price also. I talked to a parts guy I know there today who owns a 450 Yamaha Kodiak, and he said the new King 450 has more power than the Kodiak.He did sound impressed with it.That Grizz 700 is nice, but I don't know how much more $$ they are than the King 700?

Gander was the cheapest? Man they must have changed prices since Sept. When I was looking for a 650 H1 Gander was by far the most expensive. I ended up at Pro power sports and marine in Ramsey. They were $50 higher than Hienen but I got a much better price on my trade. They also carry Suzuki, Polaris and Can Am.

Over the phone Larsons told be 7100 for the Yammy. Of course that is without actually working with them. I was in there last week also and they seemed like they would be nice to work with. I drove the KQ last week also it was a 450 and it had a lot of power. They are suppose to hit around 60 wot as well which is way faster than I would need out of a quad.