• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Transport

HarryG

Just got a New ATV recently and I love it. One thing I did not consider is how wide the new ones are. It won't fit on my trailer or in the bed of my truck. I am looking at buying a trailer, but I have seen an ATV on the back of a Pick Up above the rails.( Mounted sideways.) Has anyone used these? How practical are they?

You must have an s10 or Ranger or what? I drive my Sportsmens 500 up into my Silverado, even fits between the wheel wells. Got a buddy who has no problem with his F-150 and Ram. Just wondering. Make sure you get a ramp that is wide enough. That's the problem I found. 45" wide ramp, 48" wide wheeler!

My ATV is 50 inches from tire to tire. I was surprised that it did not fit on my 48" trailer. It will not fit in my F150 either. Because the tires are low pressure, I guess I could make it fit, but I prefer not to do that.

I have an Artic Cat 400. I measured it last night and put two 2x4 along the edges of the tires on each side so they run parallel with the ATV. It measures almost 50". Since the tires are low pressure, they are soft enough to make past the wheel wells in my F150 but that did not seem the way to do it. I did not even try it.

It will make it easily. I have a Toyota Tacoma and my wheeler has 27" tires, and I get it into my little truck without a problem. Just make sure you have a good ramp, cause driving it into a truck can be dangerous.

Quote:

I measured it last night and put two 2x4 along the edges of the tires on each side so they run parallel with the ATV. It measures almost 50".

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but are you sure that you didn't measure from the outside of the 2x4s? That would give you 50" on the seeds if a stock machine is 47".