• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Almost a catastrophy

Bigsmitty

If you use a Humphrey gas light read this. My buddy who is in a fish house on millacs ( 20 yards from mine ) Woke up because sassy (his yellow lab) was whining at the door to go outside. It was 3:30 am. He lets her out and turns on the gas light til he lets her in. He lays down and accidently falls asleep again. Anyway he wakes up to her barking loudly at the door outside. He looks and sees the wall and ceiling on fire by the gas light! He drowns the fire with multiple scoops of water from a hole. It had already burnt through the paneling on the wall and ceiling. A minute later and He might have been toast. In the morning he comes over to my house and tells me about it. Man I couldnt believe it. He's had a gas light there for years with no problem. I took the wall plate cover off it and I could see where it started at the orfice inside it. I dont know how the flame backed up through the neck and started a fire at the pilot. It goes without saying that Sassy is a hero.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this? I dont think I would consider putting one in my house now.