Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bigsmitty

Almost a catastrophy

Recommended Posts

If you use a Humphrey gas light read this. My buddy who is in a fish house on millacs ( 20 yards from mine ) Woke up because sassy (his yellow lab) was whining at the door to go outside. It was 3:30 am. He lets her out and turns on the gas light til he lets her in. He lays down and accidently falls asleep again. Anyway he wakes up to her barking loudly at the door outside. He looks and sees the wall and ceiling on fire by the gas light! He drowns the fire with multiple scoops of water from a hole. It had already burnt through the paneling on the wall and ceiling. A minute later and He might have been toast. In the morning he comes over to my house and tells me about it. Man I couldnt believe it. He's had a gas light there for years with no problem. I took the wall plate cover off it and I could see where it started at the orfice inside it. I dont know how the flame backed up through the neck and started a fire at the pilot. It goes without saying that Sassy is a hero.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this? I dont think I would consider putting one in my house now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×