• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappy start of the first trip

jiggin pig

well where to start. Went up north for the first decent trip of the year and the first day out my 1 year and 4 day old strikemaster auger broke. The weld on the inside of the top case that holds the tension spring/pull cord broke clean off. i'm guessing the weld was bad or the mold that the screw goes into was. hope i can get a hold of strikemaster before wednesday night since i am going up to winnie for 3 and half days this coming weekend. The bummer part was i had to go and buy another lazer for the weekend so i could keep fishing. Thats what i get for selling my old hand auger to a desperate buddy. i am just curious how fast i can get it fixed, so i have it buy wednesday. I will be calling first thing monday morning.

If you are headed to Winnie, if you don't plan on going up 169, maybe plan on going that route.

I don't think you are going to have any issue getting in touch with Strikemaster.. Topnotch service all the time.

They are in Big Lake(6 miles west of Elk River/169 right on Hwy 10).

You might be able to run over there on your way up to Winnie and get things all fixed up while on your way up there.

I can't say enough good stuff about their willingness to make things right.

jiggin, sorry to hear about your auger. As with anything one buys, once and a while you'll run into a "fluke". I just bought my strikemaster this year. The first issue I had was it was missing an adapter cord (I bought the Electra Lazer)-called them, and in 3 days had it in my hands. The 2nd issue I had-was my fault-fell on the ice, I broke the top cover on my auger. Send them the check, and in 3 days had the new one mounted & ready to go! They have excellent customer service!

My belief is, there are only 3 main auger companies out there, and any one of them will do what it takes to keep their customers.

another kudos to another great minnesota company. They were more then happy to help me out and extremely helpful. Stikemaster's customer service is top notch. thanks strikemaster for standing behind your product!!!