• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Trekker

rather b hunting

I do not normally post on this forum I only read, but I thought this was a place to share info. The following email was sent by me to Frabill at my dissappointment with the Trekker I bought. This was sent a week ago and I have not heard one thing back from them. I am not trying to bash Frabill they do make great products but only bring it to more consumers attention in hopes of change. I know I read lots of posts about how great some products are, which many of them are posting by the manufacters reps to drum up sales. Well if they can make their posts I hope this forum is open to my negative post. I am trying to be as professional as possible and all I am trying to do is let consumers know about my own expierence with this house in cause they are thinking of buying one.

To Whom it may concern:

I purchased a Frabill Trekker just before Christmas and was very excited with my purchase. I have used the house 3 times and have become extremely disappointed with my purchase.

I bought the Frabill brand for the so called “Artic- Armor “ tent. According to your web site the following is an advertisement for Arctic- Armor.

Premium protection from the elements! Some ice fishermen describe it as a miracle fabric; others claim it to be almost bullet proof. Frabill's ARCTIC-ARMOR™ sets a new standard of durability, protection and performance in portable ice shelters. This new state-of-the-art fabric was designed for sheer durability and maximum protection from the elements. It is lighter weight, sheds water, blocks out wind and snow, yet it remains extra pliable no matter what the temperature. The big advantage of ARCTIC-ARMOR is its extreme durability and wear resistance. Produced from heavy-duty nylon fabric, its superior strength stands up to the harshest conditions. It resists punctures and tearing that could ruin traditional cover materials. Special solar black color absorbs the suns rays to help warm the interior of the shelter, even on cold days.

Needless to say I was very surprised to find 2 large rips in my tent and a very large wear spot after only 3 uses. I also have noticed that the artic armor is much different on the Trekker than the higher end models. The fabric seems to be much thinner and cheap. Overall I am extremely disappointed in my purchase and now wish I would have bought the Fish Trap by Clam. I can tell you that after 3 uses this product is surely not bullet proof as the ad claims. And it also is not a heavy duty fabric. Since I bought my house I bought the tow bar, cover (which seems to be a heavier canvas than the tent), and other Frabill Ice Products. I can say that most likely they will be my last Frabill purchases.

An extremely disappointed customer

Holy dump...I was this close to buying a Trekker instead of a Fishtrap Yukon. And this was two days ago. Whew.

I know what you mean. I was attracted by the good price, seemingly high tech cover, and it does seem to have some good dimensions. However, you definatly could tell the fabric was thin when compared to the clams.

Sorry about your dissapointment.

I have been nothing but happy with my purchase of a Frabill

Trekker. Having used it 6 times since November with not one

problem with the fabric or zipper. I suppose how you handle

it could be somewhat of an issue. But everyone has there own

preference. Sorry its not working for you.

Quote:

I've emailed them before with no response, I don't know if they ever check it, why not try calling them? The are just over in Wisconsin. How about taking it back to where you bought it?

Quote:

You can call Frabill 8AM - 4:30PM CST:

1-800-558-1005

I do Not Have A frabill Trekker. I Have A xlt twin I have not had any major problems with It. But This year they changed all there models and i tryed to get a cover for Mine And they Told me that i couldnt get one any more.VERY DISAPOINTED. I ALSO HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE CUSTOMER SEVICE I LEFT MESSAGES WITH THEM AND THEY NEVER CALLED ME BACK. The local dealer that i bought it from is considering dropping the frabill line because of there poor service. Then to top things off the lady at frabill was one of the rudest people that ive ever dealt with. My next one will be FISH TRAP!