• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Stories Anyone?

HossFisher

I was fishing for lakers on Crow Lake, Canada (1/12/07). I was fishing a good spot in 40 FOW and was jigging a white tube @ 15ft and a pink airplane @ 25. After sitting for about 2 hours I had a solid hit on the tube by a fish that zipped out the drag. I crossed his eyeballs and had him on for about two minutes when he got off. Knowing that he hadn't gone far I started jigging the tube agressively. It worked and he hit hard again, but didn't waste anytime spitting the jig. I kept jigging the tube and then saw a red streak on my Marcum heading down to the airplane. I had dropped the rod so I picked it up just in time to feel the hit and again try to cross his eyeballs. I got a solid hook set and he was not to get off, but he wasn't done with his desire to go home with me. He reversed course and went straight up and hit the tube and I now had a double hooked 7 lb laker. I've been fishing lakers for years and I know they can be agressive, but I've never had this happen before.

That's a great story Down Deep. Those lakers can definately be aggressive, but that is exceptional! blush.gif Also, thanks for the indirect tip on jigging two rods. I've never thought of doing that for lakers. My arms are going to get a good workout this weekend.

I was out in the permanent on Mille Lacs for the first time this year last night. Anyways, I get a phone call from a fellow asking me if I would be interested in to doing some contracting work when the bells start rattlin to beat heck on the rattle reel. I told the guy to hang on a tick because I had a line that I needed to tend to. Rather than set the phone down, I did the old tuck between the shoulder and ear deal while pulling up the fish. Low and behold I drop the phone down the hole during the process and then proceed to have my knot come untied from the lure after pulling the fish half way out of 30' of water. crazy.gif I didn't care two bits about the phone, I was however disappointed that I lost one heck of a walleye I presume because I tied a schotty knot.

I went out tip-up fishing first ice. With me came one of my coworkers and his little brother. I got him going on fishing earlier in the year. We had been out catfishing a walleye fishing maybe ten times or so. Any how, the guy is pretty smart and I thought he was starting to get the hang of it. So we get the first flag and he runs out and sets the hook. He gets the pike and holds it up. He has his thumb in it's mouth like its a Bass. We looked at him like, What are you doing. Needless to say it was a good thing it was just a three pounder and I don't think he will do that again crazy.gif.