• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Nikon D50-now what?!

Okay folks. I sought your advice on cameras and ended up with the D50. It is on the way as we speak. And thoughts or reccomendations on websites or other info that would speed my learning curve. I am pretty inept at this new stuff....I begain with M2's and Rolleis and turret Bolex 16s and Speed Graphics. Oh. Gee. Am I dating myself. Now have a SONY DSC-S85 which I consider a marvel. If you can point me to less brain strain I would sure appreciate it. And if you are REAL helpful I might even post here. ooo.gif

I also bought a D 50 a few months back.. Very nice camera. Very happy with it. Big jump from the Kodak easy share digital. grin.gif Pretty easy to use. I have not explored all the options yet, but the manual is very helpful. cool.gif

There are many good photography sites out there. Some of the better nature / bird sites are Naturescapes, photomigrations, outdoor eyes, fred miranda, steve's digicams and don't forget Nikonians. There's so many it ain't even funny. Your best friend will be your manual.

Good luck and God bless,

Tom W

Thank you. And you are right; I have found several very useful sites and as always a thorough review of the manual doesn't hurt! cool.gif

There are marvelous devices out there now for capturing life! Canon and Nikon are both producing their usual high quality gear. I am VERY impressed with what the D50 gives you for your dollar!! Even the "cheapie" lens is a knock-out, as confirmed by some pretty exhaustive and detailed reports. But hey! I I've paid three times more that I paid for the camera for ONE fixed lens in the old days!! And now all my OLD stuff is headed for hsolist. I'll be back. shocked.gif