• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing rainbow trout?

leeman

It's been a few years since I fished trout in MN and I haven't taken the time to check but if memory serves me correctly, it was unlawful to use live minnows as bait when fishing designated trout water.

We did very well with a plain hook and kernel corn. Worms also did quite well for us.

Bob

Quote:

if memory serves me correctly, it was unlawful to use live minnows as bait when fishing designated trout water.

BobT, you are correct. However, Dan was fishing Fosters, which has special regs. allowing the use of live bait.

I caught a nice one like that yesterday using a glow demon with a wax worm in 30 FOW.

The best part about fishing stream trout in the winter is watching them bite your bait through the ice hole- Its really cool!

Justin

Waxies or crappie candy have always worked for me. There are a few trout lakes in the metro, Cenaiko (Coon Rapids), Christmas (Minnetonka), & Square (Stillwater).