• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hooking up two fishfinders in the bow ?'s

prov1900

I have a Vex Fl18 in my bow hooked up to a MinnKota Maxxum Pro with Universal Sonar. How tough is it to add a lcd unit to the front, my questions having to do with (1) interference issues and (2) transducer issues. Does anyone use the alumaducer mount for their Vexilars? Do they work. Love the flasher, but was kind of wanting an lcd to go with it, maybe a gps/sonar combo. I haven't added anything to the money pit (grin.gif) lately, so was thinking this was a way to go.

I know that your transducers have to run off a different frequency or you will have interference issues. I tried two lowrance's with my boat having the same frequency which didn't work but maybe it would be as easy as pushing the interference button on the fl-18?

its really not a frequency issue... All depthfinders work pretty much the same way. If you plan on running the 2 units off your trolling moter you are probably going to have problems. If you are going to mount the 2 on the same spot but only use one at a time.. you will probably be just fine. OR, you may get lucky and the 2 units will play nice and not have a problem.

I use to run two Lowrance transducers off my transom, each feeding an X-125 (bow and Console) but had interference problems. So, I removed one and then used a Lowrance switch at my console to switch between the two X-125's. It takes about a minute to do the switch (power off the X-125, switch, power on the other x-125) but works well. On the bow I run an FL-8 hooked up to the Minkota and an X-125 running off a transducer at the stern. Both are mounted on a large RAM mount and the combination is quite nice. I'm not a big fan of the Minkota univeral transducer.