• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

barometer and the bite?

sparky88

I've heard that fish will bite better with a hi pressure moving in (rising barometer) vs. a low pressure moving in (falling barometer) . Do any of you follow the barometeric pressure in relation to how the fish are biting?

Unrelated to ice fishing. For largemouth bass a falling barometer is when larger bass feed. Also during the last 15 min of the peak times. Its earie how accurate it can be. The stable weather is mainly for numbers and smallar to normal size fish. I will recomend in-fisherman calender with times. Also the book inpersuit of giant bass.

I heard that micro organizms can suspend in the water better during low pressure and during high pressure they sink to the bottom of the lake. When they are susspended the bait fish are able to eat them easier so they are more on a feeding frenzy which also attracts larger fish to feed on them.