• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ahhhh, mushing season

Dan, you know my e-mail addy! grin.gif

In fact, why don't you just give me your dogsledding pic client list and I'll take it from there? blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Kidding, of course! grin.gif

I've begun building a pretty strong dogsledding portfolio, being in the dogsledding capital these last few years.

Quote:

Dan, you know my e-mail addy!
grin.gif

In fact, why don't you just give me your dogsledding pic client list and I'll take it from there?
blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Kidding, of course!
grin.gif

I've begun building a pretty strong dogsledding portfolio, being in the dogsledding capital these last few years.

You know my client list on dogsledding is pretty short grin.gif But if I get one in the thriving sled dog capital called Minneapolis you would be the first to get the call grin.gif Really do love the shot, it would make a great poster!

That is a great photo. I have been to the start of the Beargrease a couple of time and the finish of the short version once, hard to believe how keyed and excited those dogs get until you witness it 1st hand.

I am guessing up in Ely you get all sorts of photo opportuninties the rest of us just don't get.

Quote:

. . . I'm sure you took this comp for a reason.

Yes, Tom, I did. When the dogs are the primary subject of the photo, then you will see more dogs. When the client is the primary subject, then you will see more client. Dogs don't pay me. People do. Although I HAVE been known to take checks from people who want pictures of dogs. grin.gif

Thanks everybody.

I have a lot of fun shooting dogsledders. All that action, constantly shifting compositions, the demands on the camera, photographer and lens. This image wasn't demanding at all. A subject quartering away is easier to maintain focus on than one coming head-on at the camera. Cool thing is, even on cloudy days you don't have to worry too much about shutter speed with all that snow reflecting light on your subjects. grin.gif

And speaking of Eskimo garments on dogsledders, I'm reminded of the John Beargrease promo ad running on NE Minn TV stations right now. The idea is that it's primitive, grueling and has been going on for centuries, and the narrator has the deep voice full of drama. The guy in the footage is wearing that kind of fur/skin clothing/cap and all, to bring us back a few hundred years, but he's sporting modern Steger mukluks, which really don't look at all like traditional far north/Arctic native footwear, and the harness is that bright red rope. Pretty funny. Or maybe I'm just being too hard on them.