• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter sled compartments????

Koerbs

I put a false floor in my Lodge a couple years ago. Decided where I wanted everything (flasher,camera,heater,etc.) and made cutouts in the floor. I'll take a couple pics tomorrow and post them

Quote:

I put a false floor in my Lodge a couple years ago. Decided where I wanted everything (flasher,camera,heater,etc.) and made cutouts in the floor. I'll take a couple pics tomorrow and post them

Thanks!!

Here's a few photos of my Otter Lodge from a couple years back. This shack is pretty much the one that started it all so to speak. smile.gif Never thought I'd start a craze of "portable modifications" but I definitely saw a need to do something to keep your gear in one spot.

I've changed a few things since but don't have current photos.

HansonMagLodgeMod.JPG

HansonMagLodgeMod2.JPG

HansonMagLodgeMod3.JPG

Here's another shot on the ice.

rubbermat3zg.jpg

we did sort of the same thing with our otter, but instead of a box and lid design, we bolted a 1/4" plywood floor to the bottem of the sled and then mounted QD straps and eye's to stap everything to the floor, for the propane pig, we mounted a plastic egg crate to the floor and the pig sits in it with bungy strap tiedowns.

I did mine a little differently. I got the idea from a post a couple of years ago and used Blue styrofoam insulation (doesn't absorb water). Formed a piece for the bottom of the voyeager and made it double thick by glueing 2 sheets together. Then I laid out exaxtly what I wanted and where, traced it out and cut it out with a razor and sheetrock saw. Then I used some spray glue and a staple gun and carpeted it with marine blue indoor outdoor carpet (had to match the house) Stuff stays in place real nice, and it didn't add much weight. It is nor near as fancy as the mods some of the guys do on this site, but it sure suits it's purpose and makes fishing a lot easier by always knowing where your stuff is at. grin.gif

Quote:

Wow, is that quite the setup. Do you have pictures of when you were building it?

I only have these three of it being built, don't know why I didn't take more. I probably made more solid than I needed to, but didn't feel like falling into it when I got a fish one day.

FishHouseMod01.jpg

FishHouseMod02-1.jpg

FishHouseMod03.jpg

This is one of how I mounted a fan and light in my house.

FishHouseMod08.jpg

If you would want to take a closer look at it, I live in St. Paul. You can email me at [email protected] if your interested in stopping over.

Thanks BigWade, one of these days if the ice gets going we'll have to get together and get some fish. I still have the ski's if you want them let me know.

Quote:

What do you have to hold up the outside of the 2x2 structure? do you have it screwed to the tub? Also, what model house do you have?

I just put screws with washers right through the sled and into the wood. Used about 1 1/2 screws and put them about every 4-6 inches. It's not going anywhere. I have the otter II house.

Here is a pic of my Cottage I bought from Somethingfishy a couple weeks ago

[image]DSC00167.jpg[/image]

Here's a couple of my Lodge I did three years ago

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

In the Lodge I held the floor up about three inches, If I did over I would put the glass board lower like in the cottage. I like the white in the bottom of the house, easier to see without opening the windows. Put a sunflower heater in the milk case when I was alone, easy to move; grab your flasher and go