• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-8 SE question

boxcar46

Question

Just picked up a one year old SE 8 that she said was never used. I think it has been used. Anyway my question is this: when I turn it on to S1, the green line starts just past one foot mark (now it's not in water, just turned on). Is this common or is something out of wack.

boxcar

7 answers to this question

I just went and turned my FL-8SE onto that setting. Green line is at 1 foot as the unit sits in my basement.

I would not declare this an absolute method of proving that your unit works perfectly. Get out on some safe ice and give it a whirl. Good Luck. smile.gif

Hey thanks, but when you turned it on did you have red at the 12 oclock position and then green at the one foot. My dad's FL-8 and my FL-18 has red like stated above then green at the one foot but this SE doesn't.

Called vexilar today and talked to Pat in service. He told be YES their should be red at zero with a little orange and then a sliver of green at the one foot mark. He said something was wrong and to send it in. Sounds like it could be a factory defect since its only a year old. Not sure the person who I bought it from new how to use it. Or he really never payed much attention and probably why he couldn't figure it out. I'll keep you all posted on what the problem is.

boxcar46