• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wild 1-6-07

chaser

From the rumors ive heard, the Wild arent letting on as to how bad is injury really is. I would say it will be a while before we see him. They will make sure he is 100% for a week or so before they put him back out there.

I doubt it-there has not been an announcement about if/when he comes back this year. I have a feeling that unless the Wild make a big push and put together a winning streak, they are not going to risk losing him for good by rushing him (he has been out 30 games already). I would not be surprised if he doesn't come back this year at all.

Guaranteed contracts baby! He’s made $3,000,000 sitting out so far this year. The guys on XM Radio Home Ice have been calling him out for the last month. At first I didn’t really agree with them because I think Gabby genuinely wants to play. However, I’m starting to agree with them now. It’s a groin injury! Suck it up and get back in the game! Even if he’s out there as a decoy it would still help the team. I get a kick out of the signs at the Xcel Center with his picture on them and the Wild’s slogan “Building a Tradition”. It should read “Building a Tradition of playing no more than 50 games per year”.

I don't know, groin injuries are pretty brutal for someone who relies on his speed. Difficult to get any real push with that type of injury.

That being said, I wish they were a little more proactive with the injury from last year before this season began. Even with how long he's been out, I wouldn't risk him for the rest of the year. Look at how the team has played with him and how they have played without him.

30+ games is a long time to sit out. It'd drive me nuts. Wonder if Lemaire is taking his time now that he has a couple lines playing well...? The loss last night wasn't for lack of playing. I thought we were going to tie it in late in the third. Manny wasn't that great yesterday. Not the last time I'll say this, but I think we should've kept Rollie.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back at all either. Wasn't he initially only supposed to be out 2 weeks?

Most may not agree with me, but I consider Rolston our star player, even when/if Gaborik comes back. He does it all and he doesn't get hurt. It would be great to have Gaborik back but the Wild can easily win without him. They just need to find some spark on the road.

Maybe, but I think they just botched the initial severity. I agree that we've got a couple of other guys that can really play, like Rolston. But defensively, I think other teams approach us differently without him in the lineup.

I have enjoyed watching Parrish light it up lately. So close to tying it up last night and getting his 3rd point with 3 team goals. Also good to see a Minnesota kid in there.

Here’s my opinion:

Repete – The Wild totally out-played the Lightning last night. Everyone on that team played well the last two periods except Manny. Manny gave up at least two weak goals. Backstrom is a very good goalie. Lamaire just needs to give him a chance.

Buzzy – I agree with you 100%! Gabby is over-paid because he misses so many games every year. His contract should be based on 82 games a year and then prorated after that. $6,000,000 for playing an average of 50 games a year just isn’t right.

Ta[PoorWordUsage]- Rolston is the best player on that team even with Gabby in the line-up.

Solbes – Gabby is important to have in the line-up because of his speed. Teams have to respect his speed and that creates more opportunity for the other players on his line. I think that Gabby is like the Randy Moss of the NHL. Even if he’s not scoring he is still a great decoy.

Well put Hockey Guy. Although you have to admit Manny has been pretty awesome, besides as of late. He has been struggling but I'm sure it's a slump he'll get out of. Backstrom is definitely a solid goalie and I'd like to see him in net tomorrow night.

I have also really enjoyed Parrish lighting it up lately. Another player I've enjoyed is Koivu. It seems like he's really coming together this year. I like his hands and he's making a lot of nice little plays that I never noticed before.

Now if they could just stop the dump and chase on the PP!!!

Lotsa good points. Rolston is the best all around on the Wild roster. I sure like watching the team these last few games. I'll take a loss if it's because we were outscored, and not simply outplayed.

I was hoping it wouldn't get to this, but maybe we could all join cyber-hands and channel some positive energy to the team for tonights road game....lol

GO WILD!!

He was about what could be ex-pected only two games back. A little rusty with the hands. He need more time to get back his moves. Hopefully soon. They are so awful on the road and this road trip is big=all but one gane is against division opponents. They need to come up with some "O" and take at least two on this trip. Last night, most of the guys were un-noticeable and unspectacular out there. Lemaire needs to give a few guys some extra "rest" on the bench who are more or less sleepwalking on skates, IMO...

Well put 8ball. Even Boogard didn't look good in his fight. Kiprusoff was great, and the Calgary team are pretty good at the physical play. Too many of our guys would watch the play..instead of playing...man I hate those kinds of games. I thought Gaborik looked pretty good for his second game.

Just for fun I'll predict a 5-2 win for the Wild in Vancouver....doesn't make sense, so maybe it does....?

I didn't think they looked all that bad. Just a few letdowns led to a few goals and they couldn't put the puck away. It's not going to be any easier tomorrow against Luongo. Gaborik looked good for his 2nd game back besides his horrible attempt to stay on-side. I do love his speed and watching him skate.

I think the bottom line is goaltending. I’m not saying the Wild have bad goalies. But, from watching on Center Ice I can tell you that the teams that win games are the teams that have a goalie making one, two, or even three game-saving spectacular saves each night. We just don’t get that from our goalies. They usually stop the shots they should stop, but very rarely do they come up with that save they have no business making. Look at Vancouver. They have won 7 in a row now. Luongo is never out of position and every game he makes at least 3 saves that are game-savers.

Watching these games lately has been very frustrating for me. The Wild team has been out playing their opponents but then their opponent will have a rush down the ice and score. The Wild players deserve at least 10 more wins then they have. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the Wild go after a goalie sometime in the near future. I know Manny has a huge contract but so do some of the other players. And, the clock is ticking…

Very impressed with your prediction. You said it didn't make sense and Manny was quoted as saying the game was "weird". The team needs you to predict more road wins, especially against hot goalies!

Couldn't have been a better night with Gabby getting involved and Rolston continuing to shine. Maybe we can start getting some road wins again?

Don't start calling me "Mr Cleo" just yet..lol

Hockey Guy hit the nail on the head as well. Manny made at least three fantastic saves in the first that helped set the tone. The team looked good last night, and it was definitely something we needed. Hopefully we play as well tonight. I was overly excited when Gabby scored. It didn't look like a great goal at first, but it was. Walz' goal was sweet too. Every line really showed up to play.

Heading up to the shack tonight to drop some things off and check things out. I know it's cold, but I'll probably ride the wheeler to the bar and watch the game (I haven't been up there since Nov...so it's kinda exciting). One of those Friday's that all I can think about is going up north.

Hockey Guy, are you the guy who plays Saturday nights in Eagan (like around 10:30 or so)?

Does anyone know who the guys were wearing the Wild jersey's in Vancouver last night? That couldn't have been the same team that got crushed in Calgary. I think Manny proved my point last night. Three spectacular saves and look what it got them.

Repete: Yep. That's me. Pretty much every Sat. night. I’m the guy wearing the double blade skates and usually can be found on my butt! Have you been out there?