• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Better on your own?

When I was young I wouldn't hunt unless I could hunt with my best friend. We knew each other so well that we didn't even hardly need to talk. Just knew what the other was thinking. I moved away and came north many, many years ago and since then have hunted mostly by myself. However, I have always, always had a dog (black lab) with me. Nothing better than sharing a sandwich with your hunting buddy (dog) on a frosty morning in the slough or looking down at her and watch her has her eyes move across the sky following a flock of ducks that I did not see. Unconditional love. I lost my last hunting partner about a month ago after 13 1/2 years of fun. I will get another. But, the answer is that we all find joy in the slough or anywhere in the outdoors, sometimes with our friends and family and sometimes with sole solitude of being alone. I have enjoyed many days in the woods and on the water both alone and with friends. The key, let's all enjoy every moment of this wonder that the good Lord has given us and let us enjoy the sights and sounds of landing gear down, wings cupped and straight into the dekes. Keep your powder dry guys.