• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reservation Hunting

I was thinking about coming down to NE for this spring's turkey hunt. However, looking at the fish and game HSOforum they say there is not much public land available. I heard there is reservation land that can be hunted by the public. Is there a resouce that I can confirm this with? Thanks for any help.

There's tons of public land in NW NE. PineRidge(51,000+ acres) and others. More than a guy could possibly hunt in a season. Dig a little deeper and you will find what you're looking for in regards to public land. Check out WMA, WPA, Walk in areas, State Forest, National Forests and grasslands. Unfortunately these aren't all listed on the NE Game and Parks site.

I would also get a Nebraska Gazzetter (Scheels has them) they show all of the public hunting spots with species availble to hunt. You can look on Game and Parks HSOforum to get brochues sent to you of the Public hunting lands and the CRP-MAP booklet that shows all of the CRP grounds available for Public hunting as well. What area of the state are you looking to hunt?

Thanks guys. Looks like I need to do a little more digging. We were looking at the northeast corner of the state (since it'll be MN and WI guys) and the biggest appeal was the distance compared to the black hills. From some of the population maps I've seen the turkeys appear to be found near the rivers, so I'll concentrate my search efforts there. Again, thanks for the advice.