• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Changing the setup on bow for Bowfishing

Gforce

I was interested in getting into bowfishing. I wanted to know if there is alot of changes that you have to make to your bow to fish with it. Sights, rest, ect. i dont want to change everything just for the spring and summer. opinion on if i should just buy a bow just for bowfishing or change up my bow. if anyone knows a good inexpensive kit i could buy that would be helpful. i have a Bowtech Tomkat

first off just buy a cheap bow 30-40 bucks and set that up instead of your hunting bow. the fiberglass arrows are kinda hard on strings (watched 2 break and tear up some hands and arms real bad) i have a Robin Hood compound, 30 bucks, shoots fine. no worries about getting it wet or dropping it, heck i leave it in the back of my truck for the first few months of spearing, never know when you will come across a creek full of carp or suckers. check your around someone has one they dont want or will sell for cheap. bow shops probly have them stored off somewhere so can keep down the clutter. check arround i find a quite a few on garage sales and autions that go dirt cheap.

Just like Pooh said...Just get another bow. It will be a lot more fun for you when you don't have to worry about whether your bow is set up for fishing or hunting. That way you still have your hunting bow set up to practice with through the summer.