• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange problem with my photos

DTro

I recently purchased a new camera (A540). When I download my photos to my main PC, I dump them into a shared folder to view my with my laptops. For some reason I cannot access or view the new photos. The icons are there with the name, but no preview and I cannot open them. All the old photos and files are there just as before and I can access without problem.

I know they are not corrupted as I can view and edit on the main PC.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the way I downloaded them. I used the scanner/camera wizard and with the old Kodak I used the docking station.

Any ideas?

Did you download them with the camera hooked to a cable or with a card reader and inserting the memory? If you have a card reader try that and see if it cures the problem. There can be issues with trying to get files to read from PC to cable to camera to card. You did mention it was a new camera, have you installed the software that came with the camera, if not there may some recognition problems. Just throwing some ideas out there, you may have done all these already. Good luck.

I'm with Dbl. Good advice, Dan. A $10 or $15 card reader removes a ton of potential hassles. Otherwise I don't have any recommendation. A jpeg is a jpeg is a jpeg, and you should be able to view any jpeg on any modern computer. Maybe update the jpeg viewer edition on your laptops?