• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

camera bag recommendations??

I've always been partial to LowePro myself. Never had a quality issue with them. What type of bag do you want, backpack, belt, shoulder? I use a Micro Trekker 200 which when I owned a 100-400L fit in the backpack with the lens attached to the body. Just depends on how you will use it.

I was out shooting XC skiing this evening and having all my gear in a backpack on my back worked great. I have hiked all day long with all my gear with ease. One caution with this type of bag, make sure you have zipped the backpack closed after you retrieve what you need. Picking it up later with the flap open will result in expensive gear falling out and causing you great pain. frown.gif

I have no real experience with over-the-shoulder bags. Since most of my work is nature photography out in the woods, I've been using a photo backpack the whole time. It's a Tamrac Cyberpack8, which has plenty of room for the body with 100-400 attached, several other lenses and accessories and a bunch of spaces specifically for batteries, memory cards, etc. It also has a padded slot for my laptop when I travel out of town to shoot.

Since getting into wedding photography, I've also adopted a little over-the-shoulder bag that holds my accessories and will take the 100-400 in a pinch if I'm only shooting with one body and need to switch lenses.